MANDEVILLE TRUCKING ACCIDENT ATTORNEY
Trucking accidents are much more complex than the average wreck. In addition to the greater risk of injury due to the size and weight of the vehicle, there are many factors to consider in determining liability.
Truck Accidents Attorney
Truck accidents are no doubt more complicated than those involving cars. The former is defined as vehicle collisions that involve tractor trailers, semi-trucks, and 18-wheelers. Gigantic commercial trucks are found on state roads, highways, and local roadways throughout Louisiana.
Causes of Truck Accidents
Trucking accidents occur due to a variety of reasons such as:
- Driver Error: Negligence of the driver is one of the main causes of trucking accidents. A truck could swerve off into another lane and when it does so, it could hit another car.
- Distracted Driving: Driving under the influence of alcohol may increase the risk of accidents.
- Prolonged Hours of Driving: While driving a commercial truck, it’s important for drivers to take breaks. When adequate breaks are not taken, it often leads to drowsy driving.
- Equipment Malfunction: Many truck accidents occur due to malfunctioning of truck equipment.
Ways to Remain Safe on the Road
- Avoid distracted driving: Make sure that you remain focused while driving. This will ensure the safety of you and your co-drivers.
- Use caution: Be aware of your surrounding while driving. There could be intoxicated, drowsy or impaired drivers. Make sure that you keep your distance.
- Don’t follow the vehicles in front of you closely: If you follow a vehicle in front of you too closely, you may not get time to stop yours and avoid an accident.
Compensation for Damages Incurred in a Trucking Accident
According to law, a person who has been injured in a trucking accident needs to be compensated in such a way that they are brought back to a stable position financially, physically, and emotionally. Just like car accidents, trucking accident victims also have the right to be compensated for medical care, nursing home costs, loss of wages, domestic services, and rehabilitation. A trucking accident victim is also entitled to be reimbursed for damages such as pain and suffering, emotional suffering, disfigurement, and loss of consortium.
Why Seek the Assistance of a Trucking Accident Attorney?
As trucking accident cases are complicated, investigating and evaluating one require the filing of appropriate documents. It’s recommended that trucking accident victims contact an experienced trucking accident attorney.
Mandeville Truck Accident Lawyers
If you are based in Mandeville, you can contact the Mandeville truck accident attorneys at the Law Offices of L. Clayton Burgess. Our team of legal experts thoroughly investigates an accident case and looks for evidence. The solicitors here take witnesses’ testimony and also gather evidence. The trickiest part is determining who exactly is liable for the accident.
It’s possible that the truck involved in an accident may belong to the driver or the company that employs them. The trailer of the truck may possibly belong to a transportation company. Our lawyers here check employment records, maintenance records, and even check-ins at weigh stations. You can count on our solicitors as they remain focused on all the important facts in a case.
IF YOU OR YOUR LOVED ONE IS IN NEED OF LEGAL ASSISTANCE IN TRUCK ACCIDENT CASES, REACH OUT TO US INSTANTLY!
Our truck accident lawyers in Mandeville, LA provide a FREE initial consultation. The legal representatives here work on a contingent basis, which means the fees of our attorneys completely depend on the outcome of a case.
Call our office today for a FREE review of your personal injury case. We typically work on a contingent agreement basis, which means our fees are contingent upon the outcome of your case.
Don’t Delay! You may have a valid claim! Let us help you get your compensation before the statute of limitations expires!
Don’t Wait to Get Started. Let’s Get Together Now.
We remain focused on the most important parts of your case.
WHAT MAKES A TRUCKING DRIVER LIABLE?
- Consuming Drugs or Alcohol
- Careless or Reckless Driving
- Not Adhering to Safety Protocol
- Failure to Inspect the Vehicle
- Failure to Maintain the Vehicle
WHAT MAKES TRUCKING COMPANIES LIABLE?
- Not training their drivers
- Failure to check drivers for compliance
- Failure to do any background check of the drivers
- Inadequate inspection or maintenance checks
- Hiring untrained or unlicensed drivers
Each state has a different insurance requirement. Determining precisely who is liable for a trucking accident isn’t always a simple task. Therefore, having a team of attorneys by your side can always turn out to be helpful.
Trucks across state lines are usually regulated federally. Following federal regulations requires registration and adherence to safety procedures. Moreover, only an experienced legal attorney can go through all the necessary paperwork.
Hours of Service
As per the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration, sleep is one of the most important things for a trucker. Therefore, there are rules in place for the same:
- The maximum driving time is 70 hours.
- A trucker can resume driving after 34 hours of rest.
- There’s usually an 11-hour driving limit daily.
- A 30-minute break is required.
Our Truck Accident Attorneys Can Help You Get Compensation for:
- Medical Expenses
- Loss of Wages
- Pain and Suffering
- Wrongful Death
Injuries in Truck Accidents
- Brain Damage
- Broken Bones
- Severe concussion
- Deep lacerations and blood loss
- Severe and/or permanent nerve damage
- Rupture or laceration of organs
- Chemical exposure (acid, fumes)
- Severe burns
Louisiana Truck Accident Attorney
When long-term disability is a real possibility in truck accidents, seeking the assistance of legal professionals is the best alternative. If you’ve become a victim of a trucking accident, you can reach out to the advocates at the Law Offices of L. Clayton Burgess. No matter how terrible the injuries are, we make sure that justice is done. Irrespective of your income, you can always afford an attorney. We offer a FREE initial consultation to those looking for legal advice after an accident. Moreover, our lawyers work on a contingent basis i.e. our fee is completely dependent on the outcome of your case.